Our quality curriculum focuses on mastery of Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science and Social Studies, and is fully aligned with Arizona Common Core standards. In addition, we recognize the value of a well-rounded learning experience. Therefore, we offer many opportunities for a variety of interests and needs. In addition to a full selection of courses in Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science and Social Studies, Alta Vista High School offers courses in the Visual Arts, Computer Technology, Character development, Criminal Justice, Pop culture, Psychology, Guitar, Health, Conditioning, Spanish, Creative writing, Forensic science, and Family Consumer Sciences.
Our caring teaching staff consists of certified and highly qualified teachers who work hard every day to ensure their students receive the finest education possible. Our student-to-teacher ratio allows our teaching staff to personalize the learning experience for each student.
Alta Vista High School offers a variety of programs to help students enhance their education; our programs are built to accommodate our students' needs. The Enrichment Programs that we offer are as follow:
- An Art Program that provides a range of different art styles
- A Technology Lab that helps all students with their computer skills
- Our Individual Language Learner Plan (ILLP) is designed to help students complete their studies with the best education
- A Dual Enrollment Program that gives students the chance to earn college credit through Pima Community College.
- Senior Advisory Program that helps seniors accomplish goals they set throughout the year as well as after graduation.