Alta Vista High School is a school where students can actively learn through academics, values, standards, teamwork and achievement. Alta Vista High School ensures that all students receive a quality education in a safe environment with caring and supportive faculty members. Alta Vista promotes respect, self-discipline, creativity, academic excellence and service to the community.
Alta Vista High School in Tucson Arizona is a fully accredited free public charter school that offers a quality education focusing on math, language arts, science and social studies. Our convenient block scheduling provide the flexibility needed to accommodate a wide range of individual scheduling needs.
Alta Vista Dual Enrollment - Pima Community College
Benefits of Dual Enrollment at Alta Vista High School
By taking a Pima College dual enrollment course at Alta Vista High School, you can:
- Earn college credit starting your sophomore year that you can put towards a college certificate or degree while you're still in high school!
- Take a college level class at the Pima Community College Campus with a Pima Community College instructor.
- Take on fewer expenses and less college debt
- Learn how to prepare for college
- Improve your GPA while earning college credit
- Gain confidence and motivation for college
- Get ready to enter a competitive job market
What a phenomenal year 2020-21 turned out to be!
- TWO Graduations were held for BOTH the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 at the Tucson Convention Center.
- We expanded our Early College Program with Pima Community College and besides 11th and 12th graders taking college classes, we had 8 10th graders complete STU100 !
- Our students participated in M.E.S.A and Math League local/state-wide Mathematics Competitions AND our school started a Mu Alpha Theta Chapter!
- We maintained a 97 % to 98 % attendance rate throughout the school year and during a pandemic!
- We hired AVHS graduates as College/Career Mentors through the AdviseAZ Grant.
- Our students completed Vocational Programs through Joint Technical Education District (JTED) in Veterinary Science, Nursing, Medical Assistant, Personal Caregiver, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Aircraft Mechanics, and Law & Public Safety to name a few.
- Our teachers taught via LIVE INSTRUCTION all year!
2019-2020 was an amazing year for student awards, in the fields of business entrepreneurship, art, photography, and more! We are excited to see our students shine in 2021-2022.